Translate

Tuesday 20 November 2018

ABU DHABI GP: Stats, Info and my previous experiences

Aaaah, Abu Dhabi, Finally! My country of residence's own home F1 Grand Prix


I've personally attended two races over the past eight years of residence in the UAE, 
The first time was for the 2012 race, where my wife and I won a competition for Johnny Walker, the Famous for a Weekend competition

This was when Lewis Hamilton and Jensen Button were both with McLaren at that stage.

My wife and I had the privilege to have our names displayed on the driver's helmet Visors

Don't believe me? Check out my post from 2012

https://f1supportersclub.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-formula-one-abu-dhabi-experience-2012.html

Then, the second year I attended was 2017, last year. This time I went with my father-in-law, as he is just a big a petrol head as I.

Don't believe me? Check out my post from last year

https://f1supportersclub.blogspot.com/2017/11/abu-dhabi-im-on-my-way-this-weekend.html

With this year's driver's and constructor's championships already wrapped up, it seems that it would only be fair, for Lewis to let Valtteri win the race, just like he did last year. Let's just hope Valtteri can qualify well and win the race again. 

This will definitely help him with his driver standings to get closer to Kimi Raikkonen and to try to outscore Max Verstappen, whom at the moment trails the Fin by only 3 points.

With the race weekend nearing, I thought I'd share a few statistics with regards to the race and the track itself:




  • Abu Dhabi is the richest City in the World. The average net worth of the 420,000 permanent Emirati citizens is US$17 million
Image result for abu dhabi pictures

  • The 5.55-kilometer (3.45-mile) Yas Marina Circuit is a suitably glamorous part of the FIA Formula One World Championship. 

  • The track has many unique touches. It runs alongside the island’s spectacular marina; it passes under the 5-star Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi hotel and alongside a 60-metre sun tower. 

Image result for yas marina circuit viceroy hotel

  • The exit of the pit lane even crosses under the circuit.

Image result for yas marina circuit pit lane exit

  • Ferrari World is an indoor based branded theme park and it's situated right next to the Yas Marina F1 Circuit. 

Image result for ferrari world

  • It's the first Ferrari-branded theme park and has the record for the largest space frame structure ever built.

  • Formula Rossa, the world's fastest roller coaster, is also located here.

Image result for formula rossa



Image result for yas marina circuit logo png

Image result for yas marina circuit map

  • The Yas Marina Circuit was designed by Hermann Tilke 

  • Etihad Airways has been the title sponsor of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix since its inception.

Image result for etihad airways logo png


  • The first F1 race was hosted here on the 1st November 2009, it has since held nine (9) races at the circuit
  • Most Constructor Wins - Mercedes (4)

  • Most race wins (driver)
    • Lewis Hamilton (3)
    • Sebastian Vettel (3)

  • Last race results (2017)
Pole position - Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) 1:36.231

Podium
1. V. Bottas (Mercedes) 1:34:14.063
2. L. Hamilton (Mercedes) +3.899
3. S. Vettel (Ferrari) +19.333

Fastest lap (Race) - Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) 1:40.650

  • Race Winners
2009 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Racing)
2010 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Racing)
2011 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
2012 - Kimi Räikkönen (Lotus-Renault)
2013 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Racing)
2014 - Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
2015 - Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
2016 - Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
2017 - Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)

Image result for yas marina circuit

This year I'm looking forward to attending the race.....from the comfort of my couch. Maybe next year.....


Race Schedule (Local Track Time, Abu Dhabi)
GMT+4

Friday, 23 November
Practice 1
13:00 - 14:30

Friday, 23 November 
Practice 2
17:00 - 18:30

Saturday, 24 November
Practice 3
14:00 - 15:00

Saturday, 24 November
Qualifying
17:00 - 18:00

Sunday, 25th November
Race
17:10 - 19:10

No comments:

Post a Comment